Friday, February 20, 2009

Curry or not to curry


I love to cook and to try new recipes. Throughout the week, I try to make yummy, tasty meals. Cooking is a stress reliever for me. As, you know my mother is a fabulous Indian cook. So, of course, I have tried several times to make curry at home. For whatever reason, my curry does not taste like the curry that she makes. 
I have been craving some good curry and so has T-buddy. He LOVES curry and would eat it for breakfast if you let him. I found a recipe for Kashmiri Chicken it looked simple and delicious.  I attempted to make it Wednesday night for dinner. It looked good and smelled like my moms house when she cooks Indian. 
As, I served it up for the family, everyone was excited. It looked so good and tasty. Well, it wasn't! No one liked it, even my master curry taster T-buddy.  Mr. B ended up making a frozen pizza!  I was so upset, I told the family they need to go to Ammachi's for curry or we will have to go out to eat. Mom is done attempting to make Indian food!
I am understanding, that you cannot just whip up curry after work. It does take all day long to prepare! I now understand my moms words "I have been cooking all day". Because she really has been cooking all day! 
I guess, I will be at my mom's soon for Indian cooking 101. I hope that I can learn to make fantastic Indian meals, as my mom does. 

2 comments:

picky girl said...

thats so funny! We are having friends over next weekend and my plans were to make Indian food...I am completly stressing over it! HAHA!
p.s. the pic looks good..i'm sure it was tasty ; )
xoxo,e

Vivi said...

Well good for you for trying! I'm sure you will get your knack for it - maybe your mom is withholding pointers so that she'll reign as the best Indian food chef in the family. :)

I love reading your blog!