Thursday, December 10, 2009

Traditions

One of my favorite traditions at Christmas time is to get together with a group of ladies that I used to work with at Resources For Child Caring. It was about 10 years ago! We met at RCC, we were all case managers. One of them is my so called twin Stacy the other two lovely ladies are Bert and Janet. Now Bert and Janet are my mom's age - they are like "cool mom's". They are a complete hoot! We have been through a lot with these ladies birth of our kids, their grandkids, surgeries, retirement, etc, etc.
Let me give you a little more dish on these relationships that Stacy and I hold with Janet and Bert. Many many years ago, we took them to the Gay 90's, we have had sleepovers at Janet's cabin, we still need to get to Bert's. When Stacy and I left RCC to work at another job we bought them thong underwear as a joke - remember these are women that are my mom's age. I would never buy my mother a thong! Well, one of them actually wore them!
I honestly cannot remember when we started this Christmas dinner tradition it had to be years ago. We always get together about a week or two before christmas for dinner.
The reason that this tradition is so awesome - is that none of us work at RCC any more. Bert and Janet are retired and actually fly away for the winters. I'm at the salon and Stacy is a busy stay at home mom. It shows that traditions can be made not just with your family but your extended family and they truly are my extended family.
We talk about everything with these ladies from work, being mom, wives, menopause, hot flashes, grandkids - i mean everything if you know what i mean. We can talk for hours and have such a blast!
I am truly thankful for these wonderful ladies that are part of my life and that I call my "family".
This year we chose Wild Fire for our annual dinner - it was wonderful. We met on Sunday at 5:30pm and I did not get home until after 9:30pm! Here are some pictures from that evening:

All four of us - not sure what the waiter did with this pic:


Janet and Bert:


Bert and Stacy:


Janet and I:


Stacy and I:

Let the games begin:



The ladies were looking at Stacy's scarf I was trying to take a pic and told Bert to get in closer. She did and basically
sat on top of the people next to us!






Needless to say - we had a fabulous time catching up on family, life and everything else in between. We laughed, we cried because we were laughing so hard and more laughing! I can't wait for next year!
xoxo

No comments: