Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mount Rushmore/Custer State Park

Our second day in SD brought us to Mount Rushmore, driving through the Black Hills National Forest and Custer State Park. It was the perfect day to be at Mount Rushmore it was not too hot or too crowded. We drove through the Black Hills National Forest which was amazing! We stopped for a little picnic lunch on the side of the road and then continued to Custer State Park. Suddenly I see my sisters van pull over to the side of the road, we pull up next to them. My little guy was riding with them and suddenly started to feel car sick! Poor guy!
We did not make it to Custer State Park - both my sisters, Brian and Mira ended up driving through the park. I do not have any pictures of Custer State park.
We went back to the house - it took about 45 minutes. Poor Tyler having to sit in the car for 45 minutes - he made it though!




















1 comment:

Young Adventures... said...

I will never forget the urgency in "the big teddy bear's voice!" I'll try to post photos of Custer this week.