Monday, January 9, 2012

Buckman = Basketball

I knew this day would come - it just came too quick. Tyler mentioned playing basketball last year - we discussed it and thought it would be best for him to wait one more year. I was "hoping " that maybe he would forget about it. Oh no, he did not. He brought home the forms that needed to be signed and requested that he get in for a physical now. Way to take iniative Tyler!
Tyler has not joined an adaptive team - he joined the 8th Grade basketball team at his school! That is why mama bear is having a slight heart attack. Let me be clear I'm so happy that he joined. I just was having a little freak out wondering how he would do on his own.
I'm not really sure what I was freaking out about. I picked him up last Wednesday from his first day of practice - asked him how it was he answered AWESOME! He is loving it! When I pick him up everyday he is so happy and excited to be part of the team. It's hard work but he is enjoying it and that is what counts! He might not start or even play in any of the games. But I know that he is proud of himself and happy to be part of a team.
No matter what I guess it's in the Buckman blood!
We are so proud of you Tyler!

No comments: